At Boynton Laser Dental Center we offer laser lip enhancement. This wonderful alternative procedure requires no down time, is not painful, and does not compromise the natural shape of your lips. Laser lip enhancement is a relatively quick, non-invasive procedure that naturally rejuvenates the lips and the area around the mouth.
Benefits of Laser Lip Enhancement
How Does Laser Lip Enhancement Work?
- non-surgical and non-invasive
- zero downtime
- 5 to 15 minute in-office procedures
- no bruising
- no allergic reactions
- stimulates the natural production of new collagen
Laser lip enhancement employs the energy of light to send small pulses of heat directly into the lip. The pulses of heat penetrate deep into the lip tissue stimulating the production of collagen, a naturally occurring protein that aids in plumping and firming the skin. This boost in collagen production results in more supple, firm, and plump lips. Fine lines, sagging, and deep wrinkles are also treated by the flood of newly produced collagen.
What to Expect Before Treatment
What to Expect During Treatment
- Unlike procedures like lip augmentation, laser lip enhancement does not require you to make any preliminary changes to your lifestyle.
- You will meet with a consultant who will help you create a plan to achieve your goals and guide you through the entire process.
What to Expect After Treatment
- Because the laser emits a bright light, you will be provided with protective eyeglasses.
- The procedure is not uncomfortable for the vast majority of patients. The sensation during treatment has been likened to a warm, tingling, or numb feeling around the lips or mouth.
- Each procedure can last from 5 to 15 minutes.
Directly after each treatment, your lips will feel slightly swollen and dry. Simply applying chapstick or vitamin E should ease the dryness. Immediately, fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth will be diminished , and lips will appear more full.
While results can be seen immediately after the first treatment, they are maximized by successive treatments. Between each treatment there is a 4 to 6 week period of rest.
How Long Do Results Last?
After successive treatments, results typically last for 6 months. This time may vary from person to person depending on how slowly the collagen that an individual’s body produces deteriorates. After 6 months, a quick touch-up treatment will stimulate collagen growth to restore the original results.
Am I a Good Candidate For Laser Lip Enhancement?
As we age, the volume and firmness of our faces tends to diminish. This change is especially prominent in one’s lips. Laser lip enhancement can contribute to a more youthful, vibrant look.
Hereditary factors are another cause of thin lips. Laser lip enhancement can correct lip thinness for a naturally plump look.
To see if you are an appropriate candidate for laser lip enhancement, consider the following questions:
- Do you ever feel self-conscious about the way that your lips look?
- Has aging caused your lips to lose their overall plumpness?
- Do your lips “disappear” or reveal your gum line when you smile?
- Would your face appear more well balanced with larger lips?
- Do your lips lack definition?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, now may be the time to book a consultation at Boynton Laser Dental Center. Find out how we can help you enhance your smile!