Teeth-in-an-Hour is manufactured by Nobel Biocare. Before immediate load implants, one of the primary downsides of dental implants was that an individual would have to wait months after the initial surgical procedure to have prosthetic restorations. In many cases, the typical waiting period for traditional dental implants can range from 2 to 6 months. However, this can take longer if a bone graft is needed.
With Teeth-in-an-Hour, there is a significantly reduced waiting period for the final restorations. This procedure enables an indiviudal to have dental implants and fully functional replacement teeth during the same visit. Although the procedure will usually last up to one hour, the preparation process can take 2 to 4 weeks.
How Does it Work?
Teeth-in-an-Hour uses innovative radiographic techniques alongside advanced computer technology, which will allow for accurate surgical placement of the implants. With highly-detailed 3D imagery, a dental professional will be able to examine bone structure, determine the areas where there is the best bone density, and choose the specific position where the implants will be administered. The 3D imagery that is used will also generate a permanent prosthesis tooth before the surgery takes place.
There is minimal healing time with this procedure because the implants are designed to fit perfectly into the areas they were designed to fill. The implants are immediately functional, and the prosthetic restorations are able to be loaded without having to wait for the area to heal. The procedure is called Teeth-in-an-Hour because the process takes about one hour to complete. This procedure is ideal for those who are missing one to several teeth, but it is also a great option for those who need all their teeth replaced.
How Does the Procedure Take Place?
The first steps of Teeth-in-an-hour include the dental consultation and evaluation as well as x-rays to decide if an indiviudal is an ideal candidate for the procedure. If an indiviudal is able to receive Teeth-in-an-Hour, the following steps will occur:
What are the Benefits of Teeth-in-an-Hour?
- A patient will have CT-scans taken, which will provide information that is needed for dental planning.
- There will be computer based scanning of the surgical procedure on a 3D virtual model of the patient’s jaw.
- The files and procedure plan will be sent to Nobel Biocare Labs.
- The surgical guide and prosthetic restorations are designed and returned to the laboratory.
- The implants are surgically administered. The implants will be placed into the areas they were designed for perfectly due to precision drilling and the help of the surgical guide. There are no sutures, so there will minimal swelling or pain.
- The prosthetic replacement is fitted as soon as the implant placement is finished.
- The patient is able to leave the dental office as soon as the procedure is finished with fully functional teeth.
This surgical procedure has became increasingly popular because of the benefits it has to offer individuals who need to replace missing teeth. Here are a few advantages that Teeth-in-an-Hour have to offer:
Who Would be an Ideal Candidate for Teeth-in-an-Hour?
- The entire surgical process only takes an hour as opposed to several months.
- A patient will not experience severe discomfort and swelling.
- There are less dental visits required to complete the process.
- Teeth are tailored to fit each area perfectly.
- The replacement teeth are immediately and fully functional.
- A patient is able to continue with his or her normal routine almost immediately after the procedure is finished. This includes eating.
With every type of dental implant, an ideal candidate will need to have enough jawbone to support the replacement teeth. If an indiviudal does not have enough bone to support the restorations, then bone grafting can be completed.
What is the Cost of Teeth-in-an-Hour?
The cost of the procedure will vary based in each indiviudal’s case. There are many factors that have an impact on the cost. The cost is determined based on how many teeth are being replaced, the type of prosthetic, and more. The cost of the procedure is more than other dental implant procedures. This is because of the state-of-the-art technology that is used and the cost of working with Nobel Biocare. Nobel Biocare is a laboratory from Sweden, so it costs more to work with them as opposed to a domestic lab.
Teeth-in-an-hour enables dental professionals the opportunity to provide their patients with fully functioning replacement teeth in less than an hour. With the many benefits Teeth-in-an-hour have to offer, which includes minimal pain and swelling, it is a great option for those who are missing teeth.
If you want to learn more about Teeth-in-an-Hour, then contact us today!